Welcome to The Electrosensitive Society. This website is dedicated to helping people who have electro-hyper-sensitivity (EHS).  EHS is an environmentally-induced disability that has been around for the past 100 plus years.  It used to be called neurasthenia, in the early 1900s, which means weakened nervous system.  During World War II, it was called radio wave sickness or microwave illness for those people who reacted to radar, which generates microwave radiation.  Screen dermatitis was the name given to women who worked in front of video display terminals in the 1980s, and this manifested itself by skin rashes.  During the 1990s it was called electromagnetic sensitivity and later electromagnetic hypersensitivity or electrohypersensitivity because there are some members of society who react strongly to even low levels of this radiation.  The World Health Organization (WHO) held a meeting in 2004 in Prague and at that meeting they stated the following about EHS.

“. . . a phenomenon where individuals experience adverse health effects while using or being in the vicinity of devices emanating electric, magnetic, or electromagnetic fields (EMFs).”

“ . . .  EHS is a real and sometimes a debilitating problem for the affected persons . . . Their exposures are generally several orders of magnitude under the limits in internationally accepted standards.”





Our members are individuals from around the world that have come to realize that our body is bio-electric and thus is sensitive to the negative effects from over-exposures to electromagnetic fields from our modern technology. Here in these pages, we share information and resources on how to live safely in this ever expanding wireless world.